Wednesday 24 September 2014

6 weeks post op

Feeling pretty good today. Am noticing a significant increase in range of movement with my shoulder, and I am developing much greater stamina in general. Still doing the same exercises as I haven't reached normal range of movement yet so still worth doing. Am also walking twice a day and using a stationary bike three times a week for 15 minutes at a time.

Shoulder/arm does still ache quite a lot of the time. Two sorts of ache - in my arm muscles, presumably due to starting to use them again, and at the top of the tendon where the tendon is now reattached to the bone. This later ache is very different - more like a sharp pain at a very specific point and I have my suspicions that it due to the tendon itself still healing/anchoring.

Am now sleeping in a bed again, although this does mean that I am not sleeping so well as I keep waking up with my arm hurting. Sometimes I take a paracetamol and codeine either before going to sleep or in the middle of the night. Other times I just push through it.

Decided a few days ago to aim to run a 10k on 1st February. Gives me a target to work towards. Physio seems to think it's possible although she did say that it would be quite a challenge to get me ready in time. But I feel up for a challenge :-)

One other bit of news - I can now wear trousers with a zip and button :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment