Wednesday 27 August 2014

2 weeks post op

Well, today is two weeks post op exactly and I was planning on writing a summary of where I am at. However today has not turned out as I was expecting.

I woke up early feeling pretty good, and even before breakfast I was planning quite a lot to do today. I was feeling very positive. After breakfast and just after doing my exercises I developed a very slight twinge in my arm. I didn't worry too much but then about 30 minutes later it suddenly twinged again and this time it was a lot more painful. And then again about ten minutes later it twinged and this time it was really really painful.

By this time I was in tears but I decided to take some ibuprofen and also to ice it for about 10 minutes. Although it was a little better there was still quite a lot of pain so I took some paracetamol and codeine, and resigned myself to lying on the sofa for a while.

The rest of the day has basically been spent lying on the sofa trying not to move to stop too much pain. All very disappointing as I thought everything was going so well :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment